International Olympiad of Science (IOS) -
The International Science Olympiads are a group of worldwide annual competitions in various areas of science. The competitions are designed for the 4-6 best high school students from each participating country selected through internal National Science Olympiads, with the exception of the IOL, which allows two teams per country, the IOI, which allows two teams from the hosting country, and the IJSO, which is designed for junior secondary students. The organization actively promotes Science education through workshops, seminars, refresher courses, Science Olympiads at the national and international levels. SSE is supported by SilverZone, New Delhi. SilverZone is an ISO 9001:2000 Certified organizations devoted to the field of IT and education.
Structure of the Olympiad -
· Level 1 :All the students of classes 1st to 12 are eligible to take part in Level 1
· Level 2: Top 500 Olympiad rank holders of the 1st Level from each class will compete for top positions in a 2nd level examination. All class 1st rank holders (with a minimum of 75% marks) with a minimum participation of 75 students are also eligible for 2nd level Examination.
· Level 3: Olympiad 1st Rank Holders of classes 6th to 12th from 2nd level will be eligible for Level 3. Level 3 will be conducted at New Delhi, India.
Exam date - Usually, the exam is held in the month of December every year.
Prizes for Students -
· Top 2 Students of the 3rd level participants will be sent for educational excursion abroad.
· Olympiad 1st rank holder of 11th and 12th will be awarded with a cash prize of Rs. 51,000/- each.
· 1st Olympiad rank holder from classes 1st to10th will be awarded with a Tab along with a Winner’s Trophy.
· 2nd Olympiad rank holder in each class will be awarded with a Digicam along with a Winner’s Trophy.
· 3rd Olympiad rank holder in each class will be awarded with a cash Prize of Rs. 5000/- along with a Winner’s Trophy.
· 4th to 10th Olympiad rank holders in each class will be awarded with wrist watches.
· 11th to 25th Olympiad rank holders in each class will be awarded with exciting Gift.
· 26th to 200th Olympiad rank holders in each class will be awarded with the topper achievement certificate.
· Class Topper 1st, 2nd and 3rd rank holders of every class of each school will be awarded with Gold, Silver and Bronze medals respectively, provided the topper obtains at least 50% marks.